Android OS has been touching high peaks of success ever since its inception. If you are fan of this amazing mobile OS, then I’m sure you love to know more about it whenever you get chance. Many Android users love to root their devices, thanks to easy-to-root methods available on the web that just ease the task. If you don’t know what rooting is, let me tell you in nutshell that with it, you can get deep access to your Android device. Rooting makes you owner of your esteemed Android device in true sense.
The best advantage of rooting is that it enables you to install custom ROM on your Android device. If you know even a little about this whole stuff, then you might be familiar with the unfortunate fact that installing custom ROM results in wiping off the previous one. So, before you proceed with rooting process ever, make sure to backup current ROM. There are many methods available on the web to teach you how to backup your ROM. The Guide that I am covering in this particular post is to help you backup ROM on your LG G3 smartphone.
If you are looking forward to install custom ROM on your LG G3 smartphone, then you better read this post before. It will teach you the simple process to backup ROM on LG G3 with TWRP Recovery. By backing up your ROM, you backup apps, games, apps data, almost everything. But, it does not backup your personal files like videos, songs, photos. Moreover, the size of backup file depends on the no. of games you have installed on your LG G3. Generally, it’s around 2GB.
You are free to keep backup in any drive on your computer, but, I’d recommend you to use USB storage device for this purpose.
Nothing high demand. You just need to have rooted LG G3 smartphone with you. Of course, as the post says, we are going to use TWRP Recovery here. So, you must have TWRP Recovery installed on your LG G3.
Process to Backup ROM with TWRP Recovery
- Of course, the very first step is boot your device into TWRP Recovery. You need to follow a particular button combination to make it happen. But, if you just don’t want to face the hassle, use the Quick Boot App. It’s available for free in Play Store. Click here to download it.
- Once you are in the TWRP Recovery, just tap on Backup.
- In the next screen, look for the option that reads ‘Storage’. Tap on it.
- You have the option to backup the ROM on internal memory, external memory, or USB storage drive. As advised you earlier, latter is the best to opt for.
- Now, just tap on Backup Name option if you want to set any intended name to the backup.
- Just swipe to start the backup process.
- The backup will take a little time to complete. So, just be patient.
- Once the backup process is all done, you will get the backup file.
- As already mentioned, the size of backup could be any. It solely depends on the amount of apps, data etc you have in your LG G3 smartphone.
- Need to restore ROM? It’s simple as well. Just boot into TWRP Recovery. In case of any bootloop, you need to perform the TWRP boot process manually. Don’t panic! We’ve covered the guide for that in details in this blog.
- Of course, the very first step is booting into TWRP Recovery. There, select the ‘Restore’ option this time.
- Now tap on ‘Storage’ option and then select the storage device from where you want the restore to happen.
- Just locate the backup ROM and select it.
- Swipe to initiate the process.
- On the completion of process, just reboot your LG G3 smartphone.
- Your phone will be back to the situation as it was in before you commenced the ROM backup process.
So, this was all you need to learn for now. What’s next? You are all ready to install any custom ROM, take backup of that ROM, restore to any favorite ROM.