Rooting Android device clears all restrictions that the maker puts on it. Those who wish to enjoy full ownership of their Android device, often like to root them. Although Rooting results in voiding the warranty, but still, seeing the number of features it allows one to use, most of users like to take this risk without second thought.
Do you know that you can unroot your rooted Android device whenever you wish to? Yes, it’s possible to perform the opposite of rooting. This is done to get back to pure stock firmware, to avail the warranty again. Unroot guides vary depending on the device you are using.
All those out of you, who rooted their LG G3 smartphone to avail one feature or another, and are now no more interested in using the rooted device and thus are looking forward to unroot it, are surely on the right page. This particular post covers steps in detail manner that will help you unroot your LG G3 smartphone with ease. Before I take you to the steps that you need to follow, do have a look at prerequisites in the next section.
- The unrooting is done with the LG Flashtool. This software works on Windows PC only. So, you must have Windows based PC or laptop with you. (Those with Mac or Linux can use VMWare to do the task.)
- Make sure to charge your LG G3’s battery up to 80 percent before diving into the steps’ section.
- Unrooting will result in deleting everything that you have in internal storage of your LG G3. So, before you go with the process, make sure you take backup of important data.
Steps to Unroot LG G3
- You need to enter into Download Mode of your LG G3 device. For that, firstly take the battery out. Plug in micro-USB cable while holding the Volume Down button.
- You will soon see “Download Mode” message on screen of your LG G3 smartphone. In just a matter of few seconds the message text will change into “Firmware update”.
- You need to download the LG G3 Stock Firmware. The file to be downloaded varies as per the model of LG G3 you are using. Just head over to Stockroms.net to look for the firmware file meant for your LG G3 device.
- After downloading the firmware file, unzip it using any unzipping tool. The file will get extracted into a folder after opening which you will see a file with extension .tot.
- Did not see the file with aforesaid extension? No worries! You might have set the extensions’ visibility to hidden in your Windows. Just don’t worry about this step and go ahead.
- Next is to download LG Flash Tools. You can download them from here.
- Extract this zipped file and in the extracted folder, you will see Setup EXE file and a DLL file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you will see the commencement of installation process of LG Flash Tools.
- In the last window of setup process, make sure to uncheck the box next to “Run LGFlashTool”. Then only click on Finish button.
- Now copy MegaLock.dll file and past it to C:\LG\LGFlashTool.
- It’s time to open Device Manager on your Windows machine. Don’t know how to do so? It’s simple. Just proceed as: Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Device Manager.
- Under the Ports (COM & LPT) section there, you will see “LGE Mobile USB Serial Port”. This is not present in case of absence of LG Drivers from the PC.
- Of course, in case of failure in previous step, you must install LG Drivers before proceeding ahead. Download the drivers from this link.
- Double click on “LGE Mobile USB Serial Port”.
- Head over to Port Settings->Advanced. After setting COM41 as port number, just click OK. This step is mandatory so that LG Flashtool can work properly.
- Now just open LG Flashtool software. Make sure to place the ‘Tick’ Mark in the checkbox next to ‘Select Manual Mode’. Set the ‘DLL’ to the DLL file that you downloaded a few steps earlier.
- The ‘S/W’ is required to set to stock firmware file that you just unzipped a few steps before. After doing so, click on ‘OK’.
- There is Right Arrow button that lies at top left of LG Flashtool software’s window. Click on it.
- It will now check your files and after doing so, you will see message “READY!! on the screen. When it happens, just disconnect the LG G3 smartphone from PC, keep it like that for 3 seconds, and then connect again.
- Installation of stock firmware by LG Flashtool will start in a minute or two.
- “PASS!!” and number 3 are what you will see on the screen of your esteemed LG G3 smartphone once the installation process is done.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed the stock firmware on your LG G3 smartphone.
- Now, just take the battery out and then puts it in. Smartphone will restart and you will be welcomed with the same message that you saw when you restarted LG G3 smartphone for the very first time.
That’s all done! Your LG G3 smartphone has got unrooted. Unfortunately, the internal data is no more. But, I hope you followed my advice and took backup of it. Just transfer the backup to the internal storage.